POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : motion blur in 3.7? : Re: motion blur in 3.7? Server Time
7 Jul 2024 05:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: motion blur in 3.7?
From: stbenge
Date: 24 Aug 2009 15:35:40
Message: <4a92eb8c$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Personally, I would be interested to have 'motion blur' (available in
> megapov) included into version 3.7.
>
> What do you think?

I could take it or leave it, since there is a way which works quite well
already. You probably know about it. You render a bunch of frames and
simply average them together in another scene. You can get away with
only rendering the motion-blurred object many times, while leaving the
rest of the scene untouched since POV can read partial images.
Everything can be spliced together using boxes and an orthographic
camera, or rendered into the actual scene geometry using Rune's
illusion.inc (which is harder).

It's not really easy, and setting up a scene in this manner can be
cumbersome.

Sam